|| Charlie Robison Message Board || Forum Index
Author Message
<  General Discussion  ~  ALERT TEXASTERRY!!! Rascal Flatts in TEXAS!!
kgirl
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:30 am 



Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 164

We've hit on a really touchy subject here. Imagine that!!! Sometimes I think that the whole "political correctness" issue has gone too far, but then again, it should be nothing more than common sense to treat all people with respect and dignity. Even people you don't like, which tends to be hard for me. That's where my amazing ability to ignore comes into play. Nevertheless, it shouldn't be a debate that ALL humans should be treated as you would wish to be treated.

Treat people like sh*t, expect the same in return - TENFOLD!!

_________________
such a little bitch!!
Back to top
Iowacowgirl
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:41 am 



Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 248
Location: Des Moines

kgirl wrote:
Disclaimers are for pussies!! If you're gonna say something offensive then take full responsibility for it. Say it. Own it. Expect the consequences.


no sh*t

_________________
You can fix ugly, but you can't fix stupid. It's FOREVAH!!
Back to top
Iowacowgirl
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:42 am 



Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 248
Location: Des Moines

Banderian - for future reference - you probably would have caught little or no flack WITHOUT your little disclaimer. You can't have it both ways dude.

_________________
You can fix ugly, but you can't fix stupid. It's FOREVAH!!
Back to top
RedHeadedStranger
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:44 am 



Joined: 14 Jan 2006
Posts: 178
Location: Blue Rock Montana

HELL YEAH! Kinda like, a newspaper in your country prints something offensive to me, so I gather my buddies and we burn down your fucking embassy. 10 eyes for an eye.

_________________
I only use my guns whenever kindness fails.
Back to top
Poolfloater
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:14 pm 



Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 69

As my favorite band sings it the answer is....More Love
Back to top
Banderian
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:52 pm 



Joined: 16 Jan 2006
Posts: 41
Location: Conroe, Texas

So let me get this straight. I have heard references about Kenney Chesney, and Brad Paisley of which, on the old board, people refered to them as fags and pussies. i say Rascal Fags, and put a little disclaimer and everyone jumps my ass about it? No one jumped anyones ass when some people refered to Kenney Chesney and Brad Paisley as queers, and homos. thats kinda the kettle calling the pot black, isnt it? thats a little hypocritical if you ask me . I was just chiming in on my opinion about Rascal Flats...there is that better?... I dont like them at all, just like many people here dont like Kenney and Brad! Oh yeah, I think the reason everyone said that about Brad and Kenney....correct me if Im wrong, as Im sure you will.....is because Charlie said something to that effect


Im out
Back to top
Guest
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:08 pm 






Iowacowgirl wrote:
Banderian - for future reference - you probably would have caught little or no flack WITHOUT your little disclaimer. You can't have it both ways dude.



We will go a little slower for you next time.
Back to top
Guest
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:11 pm 






duh, slower my ass. speed up
Back to top
Poolfloater
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:34 pm 



Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 69

Banderian wrote:
So let me get this straight. I have heard references about Kenney Chesney, and Brad Paisley of which, on the old board, people refered to them as fags and pussies. i say Rascal Fags, and put a little disclaimer and everyone jumps my ass about it? No one jumped anyones ass when some people refered to Kenney Chesney and Brad Paisley as queers, and homos. thats kinda the kettle calling the pot black, isnt it? thats a little hypocritical if you ask me . I was just chiming in on my opinion about Rascal Flats...there is that better?... I dont like them at all, just like many people here dont like Kenney and Brad! Oh yeah, I think the reason everyone said that about Brad and Kenney....correct me if Im wrong, as Im sure you will.....is because Charlie said something to that effect


Im out


Well lashing out at the board members always works well. Also good idea to imply nobody has an original thought and we just follow Charlie's lead. Also very clever to point out other peoples distasteful posts to defend your own words.
I think you have forgotten that some of these people on the board are friends in real life and not just in cyber space.
Back to top
kgirl
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:44 pm 



Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 164

And, I might add, some words/names are just way more offensive than others. Many words are considered taboo - you picked one. It's not that way everywhere, and perhaps where you are, Banderian, calling people fags is perfectly ok. It's just not appreciated here. As Poolfloater so eloquently stated, some of us are friends in real life. We give each other sh*t and know nothing will come of it. We know each others' boundaries and try not to cross them. Sometimes we cross those boundaries on purpose. We're all guilty of that. My point, and there is one, is that we're not all jumping your case, we're just showing you, in our own special little way, the boundaries.

_________________
such a little bitch!!
Back to top
Banderian
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:53 pm 



Joined: 16 Jan 2006
Posts: 41
Location: Conroe, Texas

For those on this board that i offended, i apologize sincerely. I didnt mean for it to go this far. please accept my humble and sincere apology......Im sorry to all who post on this board. i hope i can be forgiven
Back to top
Poolfloater
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:24 pm 



Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 69

kgirl wrote:
And, I might add, some words/names are just way more offensive than others. Many words are considered taboo - you picked one. It's not that way everywhere, and perhaps where you are, Banderian, calling people fags is perfectly ok. It's just not appreciated here. As Poolfloater so eloquently stated, some of us are friends in real life. We give each other sh*t and know nothing will come of it. We know each others' boundaries and try not to cross them. Sometimes we cross those boundaries on purpose. We're all guilty of that. My point, and there is one, is that we're not all jumping your case, we're just showing you, in our own special little way, the boundaries.


Wow, Kgirl...I have a lil tear running down my cheek.
Back to top
Poolfloater
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:25 pm 



Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 69

Ooops, sorry...it was just some diet coke. But sentiment is the same.
Back to top
Iowacowgirl
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:31 pm 



Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 248
Location: Des Moines

I will accept your apology, but I also want to be clear here on why I was personally offended, because I'm not so sure, you really get it.

I got upset because you use it as an insult and then think that just because you put in a disclaimer, it's okay. It's not. You can't throw an insult out there and as kgirls said so well, not "own it". At least stand behind what you say.

At least the people on here that do make rude fag comments about Brokeback, and Kenny Chesney OWN their insults. They don't put a disclaimer on it as not to offend anyone. If they want to be rude bigots who hate gay people, they say it and let the chips fall as they may and are willing to take the heat for their stupid comments. They don't say it and then try an clear themselves of offending anyone.

And for the record on Kenny Chesney's music - I personally can't stand the man's music but I would NEVER make homosexual cracks on the man. I'd applaud him actually if in fact he is gay and if in fact he wants to come out. I think it would be great for Country music if he did. Mabye it would teach some of these homophobes that think he's the greatest now, that a person's sexual orientation should not be reason to judge someone.

_________________
You can fix ugly, but you can't fix stupid. It's FOREVAH!!
Back to top
kgirl
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:37 pm 



Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 164

Poolfloater wrote:
kgirl wrote:
And, I might add, some words/names are just way more offensive than others. Many words are considered taboo - you picked one. It's not that way everywhere, and perhaps where you are, Banderian, calling people fags is perfectly ok. It's just not appreciated here. As Poolfloater so eloquently stated, some of us are friends in real life. We give each other sh*t and know nothing will come of it. We know each others' boundaries and try not to cross them. Sometimes we cross those boundaries on purpose. We're all guilty of that. My point, and there is one, is that we're not all jumping your case, we're just showing you, in our own special little way, the boundaries.


Wow, Kgirl...I have a lil tear running down my cheek.


Funny, same thing happened to me while posting...but it was beer. I'm startin' early today. It's been a semi-bad day.

_________________
such a little bitch!!
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT - 6 Hours

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 2 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
|| Charlie Robison Message Board || Forum Index  ~  General Discussion

   


 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB